Friday 21 March 2014

pressed garden flowers - second batch

My selection this week includes miniature daffodils - these were originally a gift from my cousin in a sweet little pot for the kitchen window sill, but after they flowered I planted them outside, where they have continued to flower year after year ever since; the first of my hellebores, I love hellebores and they are planted under a hedge on a slight bank so the low sun at this time of year shines through the petals beautifully; the very first sprig of blackthorn flowers from our hedge that was within reaching distance, we have had some in flower for a couple of weeks right at the top behind our utility out of reach which has been frustrating, but now even more has come into flower; a selection of heathers, these have been in flower for a few weeks now and there are plenty more to come; a snake's head fritillary flower, this one came from a pot of them I bought a couple of weeks ago, they have almost finished flowering for already, the ones I have had growing in the garden for a few years are just starting to bud and those in the wild won't be anywhere near flowering yet;  and yet more primulas too, not just primroses this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment